Associate Professor of Spanish
Office: Bliss Building 320
Phone: (609) 771-2049
Curriculum Vitae (updated 11.2009)
Dr. Joseph Goebel Jr. is an Associate Professor at The College of New Jersey where he teaches Spanish and trains student teachers in second language acquisition theories and best practices. He has been recognized with teaching awards from The College of New Jersey and Temple University. Dr. Goebel has published articles on language teaching in Japanese Language and Literature, The Foreign Language Annals and The Journal of Graduate Teaching Assistant Development. In the last twelve years, he has explored SLA theories and their implications for the classroom in over one hundred and sixty workshops for school districts, universities and professional groups. Together with Dr. Luis Gabriel-Stheeman, Dr. Goebel has served as co-coordinator of the Basic Spanish program in TCNJ since 1997. They are currently working to develop a first level Spanish program based upon modern SLA theories, the National Standards and new technologies.
- FSP 124 First Year Seminar on Mexico
- MDL 390 Second Language Acquisition and Related Methodologies.
- SPANISH 203 Intermediate Oral Proficiency.
- SPANISH 101, 102 Spanish for Beginners I and II
- Applied Linguistics
- Teacher Preparation
- Teacher Professional Development
- B.A. – La Salle University
- M.A.- Temple University
- Ph.D. – Georgetown University